Let’s get Frisky!
Our handmade spirits are made in small batches. Fresh fruit is soused in either gin or vodka (depending on your flavour) for many hours before being strained and the final finishing touches added to make our unique Lone Stag Spirits. It’s a secret family recipe.
What is left (once the spirit is made) is a sumptuous concoction of alcohol infused fruit. We thought long and hard about what we could do with these ‘leftovers’. We wanted to be zero waste and it seemed a crime to throw it in the food recycling!!
So. We bottled it up and added it to our range. It seems it wasn’t just a hit with my in-laws – you guys love it too!!
Frisky Fruits were born. The perfect Chef’s accompaniment.
Leanne’s serving suggestion for those cosy days with friends…
This is ridiculously simple… So good if you have not a lot of time and lots of mouths to feed!
Serves 4 – 6 people. Preparation time 5 mins. Cooking time 20 mins.
- 250g camembert or Brie
- 1 Tbsp Cherry Frisky fruit conserve
- Lemon thyme sprig
- Macadamia nuts
- 1 Loaf crusty bread
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan or gas mark 6
- Unwrap camembert from the packet and then place back in the box. It is suggested that you secure the box with some string around it.
- Slash the top of the camembert and put 1 tbsp of Cherry Frisky onto the top with the thyme and chopped nuts.
- Place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Whilst in the oven, prepare the bread, either to be roughly torn or into smaller pieces.
- Remove from the oven and organise with bread accompaniment.
- Present with pride!